About This Website
This website has been custom implemented over a relatively short period of 3 1/2 weeks. Despite the time limitation, large number of features, listed below, have been implemented and integrated into the website:
- Designed as a modern HTML 5 site, which is fully responsive; in other words it works on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and smart phones.
- It is secure using HTTPS and business level OV SSL security certificate.
- Members can electronically sign documents, and pay their membership dues and fees online.
- All electronically available content and documents (by-laws, annual and board meeting minutes, etc.) have been imported, and all are available for viewing and downloading.
- Full text search finds documents quickly and easily.
- Email integration sends emails to the board from the Contact Us page.
- Content is easily editable using an integrated Content Management System (CMS)
- Integrated spam, and web-bot submission detection and prevention.
- Integrated analytics for providing insight into the website usage.
- Deployed in a modern cloud based server in Amazon Web Services (AWS), with our hosting costs dropping approximately from $160/year to $60/year.
Something for the Technically Inclined
The website implementation uses the following technologies:
- VueJS and Nuxt progressive development frameworks for both server and client implementations.
- Bootstrap Vue for UI components, and CSS styling.
- Sass for easier implementation of CSS
- MarkdownIt Commonmark specification for post markup.
- MJML for generating complex HTML emails, and Nodemailer for sending those emails.
- LunrJS for full text search functionality.
- Axios as an HTTP/HTTPS client for calling RESTful webservices.
- Sitemap for automatic generation of sitemaps for SEO optimization.
- Pino logging and AWS Cloudwatch integration for website logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Dotenv for automatic loading of environment variables.
- Sanity headless CMS for integrated content management.
- Stripe for payment processing and order management.
- Adobe eSign for electronic document signing.
- Google reCaptcha V3 for spam and webbot detection and prevention.
- Google Analytics for website trafic insight and analytics.
- Gitlab for version control, issue tracking, and CI/CD.
- AWS Lightsail for deployment.
- Namecheap for SSL certificate management and verification.