CSCA Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, July 8, 2019 7:30 PM
Present: Lloyd, Hazel, Kelly, Patrick, John, Alex
Absent: Jiri, Cheryl, Jacque
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 by president Lloyd Lewis. Thank
you to Kelly for a
President’s Report – Lloyd
Slip assignments and wait lists
Most slip assignments have been completed. One slip needs a repair
filling. Alex said his company will complete the work for approximately
Waitlists are current.
Coshocton -- the board discussed a conflict between neighbors who are
to an outlot. The board determined that the neighbors will have to
conflict personally or in court.
Lawn Service v neighbor – our lawn service reported to Lloyd that a
tossing his lawn debris over the fence onto an outlot. Our lawn service
talked to him about it and was told basically to butt out. Lloyd advised
our guy to
leave it until fall when we will take care of it.
Treasurer’s Report –Kelly provided a detailed financial update. Current
but she has received additional receipts and disbursements not yet
We also have not received current mail for possible dues payments. She
detailed update of disbursements for May and June. She and Lloyd are
about our outstanding bill for attorney fees. Kelly will contact the
office for an update on Tues. This will determine our future
Secretary Report – Hazel reported all correspondence, e-mail and website
up to date.
Trustee and Officer reports
Jacque, Cheryl, Patrick – Welcome packets, snail mail –
Patrick will catch up! Cheryl absent. Jacque absent.
Jacque – update on Waterford trash contract - absent
Kelly – updated resident data base -will catch up!
Alex – grounds and maintenance
1. Broken arms on kayak rack – on list for repair
2. Broken post in front of kayak rack- on list for repair
3. Draining launch area – Alex described the options for a French
drain. The cost would be approximately $1500. Need to research further
see if the road commission would be involved. Do we need a permit from
5. Alex will again empty the trash barrels routinely
Jiri and John – security – no report
Lloyd and Kelly – Lloyd and Kelly had prepared budget projections for
balance of this fiscal
year, including our fixed expenses and future discretionary spending. We
donations for fireworks and sheriff’s patrol for this year. We discussed
whether to continue
our CSCA General Liability Insurance. Its coverage is fairly limited,
and it is costly with a
annual premium of $2,050. Questions: Could we make “payments”? Should we
“drop” it? Should we continue in case of catastrophic event? Do we have
the money we in
our budget for this fiscal year?
We will find the information to these questions and report back to the
board to make the
decision of whether or not to continue.
John and Lloyd – Update on lawsuit. Our attorney is preparing necessary
The suit may not be resolved for several months.
Meeting adjourned 9:00.
Next board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, August 27 at 6:30 at Patrick’s