CSCA Board Meeting Minutes

csca

Chetolah Shores Association Board Meeting Minutes

5/27/2014

Present: Eric Siegel., Erik Kokeny., Patty Costigan, Kathy Bartus, Nick
Jahn, Lloyd

Lewis, Hazel Lewis and resident guests Dan Brudzynski and George Culik

Absent: Mark Webberly, Amy Trudell, Cheryl Cathcart

1. The meeting was called to order by President Eric S. He welcomed our
newest

board member, Nick Jahn, and CSCA residents Dan and George and
introduced us to

the soccer ball.

 Board insurance – in process of getting additional bids. We have one

obtained by Lloyd, and Eric and Erik will each get another bid.

 Non-profit status – Lloyd questioned our status. Patty confirmed that
we are

registered as a non-profit, and she files a 501C6 yearly.

 U.S. Mail, e-mail, voice mail – we discussed ways to streamline our
response

time to inquiries from residents. Board members agreed that we need to

improve our appearance of non-response to resident concerns and had

many good ideas to help facilitate this change. Various response time
limits

were discussed, and the board agreed that we must respond quickly and

assure that all inquiries get forwarded to the responsible board member
for

resolution. It would be helpful if voicemails could be forwarded, Hazel
will

check into this. Also, the voicemail greeting needs to be updated
including

information regarding the contact form on the website. Eric will discuss

possible changes with Cheryl. It was also suggested that we add the
e-mail

address to the website contact form. Hazel will check into this.

 Laptop purchase – Eric reported that a new laptop has been purchased
for

association business.

 Mandatory dues, legal opinion – We continued our discussion regarding
the

dues structure, when it was changed, how voted in, etc. Eric explained
the

history and process that was followed. He also is pursuing a formal
legal

opinion regarding our by-laws and dues. Patty discussed our process for

“forgiving” overdue payments, which is to determine any decision on a
caseby-case basis.

 George inquired about pursuing an agreement with the Elizabeth Lake
Beach

Assn. for possible swim/boat launch access. Erik said that is available
to

anyone for $200/year. We discussed a possible agreement to use their

launch area to drop boats and for CSCA residents on Elizabeth Lake to
use

their launch for a reasonable fee. Nick will pursue this and bring to
our next

meeting.

2. Treasurer Report – Patty

 Patty presented her comprehensive revenue and expenses report. Our

current balance is $6,319.99. From past years’ experience, she
anticipates

additional dues to come in. She anticipates additional expenses as well

including Elizabeth Lake beach, security, spring clean-up, insurance.
Nick

agreed to check with Pat regarding the status of security at launch. We
also

discussed Lot 19 and ideas of how to improve it to make it appealing and

responsible for mowing the lawn at the Elizabeth Lake dock. Need to
check

with Cheryl for lawn service specifics.

3. Secretary Report – Hazel

 Board meeting minutes for 4/28/14 approved. General Meeting minutes
for

5/8/14 approved. These will be posted to website. Hazel reported that
Eric’s

co-worker, Andrea, did an amazing job on the website and was willing to

come to her home and work with her to smoothly transition the website

maintenance. Hazel had a question regarding updating sponsors for the

website. They will be added after the Spring Summer Newsletter goes out.

4. Dock Report – Lloyd

 Lloyd reported that the work on the Cass and Elizabeth Lake docks is

completed. There was a report of a minor injury at Cass with some
exposed

metal on dock posts. Lloyd will see that caps are placed on these posts.
Slip

holders and neighbors have been pleased and offered very positive
feedback

on the work and appearance. Eric would like for the board to consider

increasing slip charges in the future.

5. Trustee and officer reports

 Mark and Amy sent “before” and “after” pictures of the Elizabeth Lake
beach

improvement project. The board agreed it was a wonderful transformation.

They also sent a video of the new run-off in action during the evening
rain

storm. Another successful project. Kathy reported she has delivered
several

Welcome Packets.

NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JULY 17 AT 7:00 AT ERIC S.’s HOME.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:15.

Respectfully submitted,

Hazel Lewis, Recording Secretary