CSCA Board Meeting Minutes

csca

CSCA Board Meeting Minutes

August 17, 2016

1. The meeting was called to order at 7:14 by President Lloyd Lewis,
who presented his

reports.

a. Dock updates:

  1. The docks are basically filled with one person waiting to pick up
    his boat.

Lloyd suggested he give a reduced rate for residents just getting their
docks

this late in the season.

  1. Alex felt that there could be one more dock (2 slips) added on the
    south

side. There was a great deal of discussion about how to remove existing

posts. Alex gave a “ball park” figure for the materials and
installation. John

suggested it might be easier to work in the “muck” in fall or winter. It
was

decided to shelve until the next meeting for more information and
possibly a

proposal.

  1. The non-paying dock users situation remains the same. We would need
    to

resort to the courts for any actions. This is very costly, and the board
is

considering “cost/benefit”.

b. Lock and key problem, repair update: Lloyd reported that the problem
was

quickly identified and resolved. We will be working with a new
locksmith, who

assured us that a better quality key would be provided. Jen will be
taking

charge of this next season. Lloyd will provide her with the information
she will

need for a smooth start to the season.

c. Lot 19: Alex reported that he installed 3 posts near the street to
prevent

parking on the lot, but allow small watercraft, boats, fish shanties,
etc. entrance.

Alex plans to install the fence the first week of Sept. The board agreed
to

provide him “up front” funds to purchase the materials he will need.

d. Sign installation: Alex reported that 3 new signs have been
installed. There is

still a small amount of painting to be competed. Alex also reported that
he is

working on the “rule” signs for Elizabeth Lake boat dock and Lot 19.

e. Insurance update: Policy is binding, but we have not received the
paperwork

nor invoice.

f. Additional updates: Cheryl contacted the township regarding the “For
Lease”

sign on Charest. The Township has informed the owner of the
restrictions.

Lloyd updated the board on the paid for, but unused boat docks. He
passed

out copies of the letters he sent to two residents. He will keep the
board

informed of any changes.

2. Secretary’s Report: Hazel reported all correspondence, e-mails, and
web page are

current.

3. Treasurer’s Report: Absent

4. Trustee Reports

a. John reports that the security camera at the Cass Lake launch is
working. He

would like to improve the quality and number of the cameras for next
season.

He discussed need for more power, and alternative ways to get it – more
solar

He will contact DTE regarding installation of a meter. He is also
working on a

“manual” for future use. John also brought up a court case he found that
might

apply to our outlot ownership situation that allowed a reorganization of
the

association for right of enforcement. After discussion it was determined
that

this case is not relevant for our situation.

b. Kathy has been picking up mail and forwarding it appropriately.
Lloyd, Hazel

and Jen need to be notified when mail regarding dues payments and wait
list

requests come in.

Kathy reminded us of the 500 or so envelopes we received with the
incorrect

return address. Cheryl said that it would be cheaper to order through
Vista

Print. She will investigate and report back.

c. Jacqui has been delivering Welcome Packets. Cheryl had prepared a
note

asking for their information - name, phone, e-mail, to leave with the
packet

so that we can update our records. if the neighbor is not at home

This information is needed by Lloyd,

Hazel and Patty.

Lloyd shared some information he had obtained about Sheriff’s patrol for

Cass Lake. He has been in contact with the individual from Elizabeth

Lake who worked with Sgt. Jex to get their program implemented.

We need to do some further research on contacting the various subs on
Cass.

Hazel will check with Kari at the Township Clerk’s office to see if she
has

such a list.

d..Jen again has the launch keys. Website needs to updated with her

information.

e. Alex will check south side docks for needed entry repairs.

5.

New Business

a. Jacque brought up a concern about the Elizabeth Lake beach area. She
has

safety concerns. Should there be a sandy area?

b. Lloyd requested that the Board authorize a small “stipend” to member
hosts.

Approved.

6. Next meeting: 9/27 at Cheryl’s home

7. Meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm

Respectfully submitted,

Hazel Lewis, CSCA Recording Secretary